What Mobile Phone Plan are you looking for?
Virgin Mobile Australia was launched in October 2000 as a result of an equal partnership being agreed to between Optus and Virgin Mobile UK to supply telecommunication services to Australian consumers. The new company instantly became the first Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO) to operate in Australia meaning that it was a service provider piggy-backing off the network of another. Virgin Mobile Australia were to provide customers with a mobile phone service through the Optus network having no network of their own. Today it has more than 3,500 retail outlets scattered around the country with major stores in the cities of Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.
Top Virgin Mobile Phone Deals
Benefits of Virgin 4G Coverage
Here is a look at some of the benefits that mobile users can expect once Virgin’s 4G coverage is established and their 4G services come into effect.
- Extremely fast download times: If you think that it is really annoying to wait for web pages to finish downloading on your mobile phone, you may no longer have to worry about that once 4G services are available. One of the main features of 4G is that it is an extremely fast technology that can make downloads more than 4 to 10 times faster than what you currently get with the 3G services. In addition to web browsing, downloading videos, movies and games is also set to become lighting fast and could be a matter of a few seconds with 4G.
- Increased capabilities of Smart phones: 4G technology ensures that mobile phone makers will be developing better handsets that can make full use of the immense capabilities of 4G. If you thought that mobile phones today are extremely smart, you can perhaps not even begin to imagine what they could be like on a 4G network such as Virgins. Streaming content without any pauses, conducting video chats from practically anywhere, and enhanced security options for mobile phones are just some of the things that you can expect with 4G capable handsets.
There is little doubt that Virgin 4G coverage is being looked at with great interest by mobile users in Australia and their 4G services could be extremely successful if paired up with reasonable rates.
Benefits of Virgin Mobile Pick n Mix Plans
- Truly customisable mobile phone plan: This plan from Virgin is one of the truly customisable plans for mobile users. It has a base rate of $19, for which you get 100 MB of included mobile data as well as $19 worth of credit for voice calls. If your mobile usage is low enough to suffice within these inclusions, you do not need to pay any money over $19 for this plan. However, if you want additional inclusions within this plan, you do have options for adding unlimited voice calling ($30), unlimited text messages ($10), as well as different blocks of mobile broadband data such as 500 MB ($5), 2 GB ($10) and 4 GB data ($20). Therefore, you can pick only those services that you actually use, while ignoring the others that you have no need for.
- You can change your plan inclusions every month: The option to change your add-on services every month is what makes this mobile phone plan from Virgin truly customisable. Therefore, you can pick and choose different services depending on your changing needs when it comes to mobile usage. If you know that you may have to make hundreds of voice calls in a particular month for some reason, you can simply opt for the unlimited voice calling option for that month and drop it in the next month if you do not need it.
- You can use your own mobile handset with the plan: Another great benefit of the Virgin mobile pick n mix plan is that you can use your own mobile handset with the plan and opt only for the service if you have a working mobile phone that you wish to continue using. This allows you to save money on a mobile phone as the plan is not locked to a particular handset. However, if you do want a new mobile phone with this plan, you can choose from several handsets that Virgin has to offer. The base rate for your plan will increase depending on which handset you choose.
Free Voicemail has Always Been a Virgin Mobile Feature
According to research commissioned by Virgin Mobile, mobile phone companies operating in Australia are earning $385 million a year in extra revenue by charging voicemail retrieval costs that the user, in many cases, knows nothing about. The report discovered that the average mobile phone user spent $33 of their credit on voicemail retrieval alone each month. Despite paying out this extra cost each month 74 percent had no idea that they were paying to listen to messages left on their own phone.
The survey of more than 1,000 respondents found 97 percent of people agreed the voicemail service should be free. Virgin mobile, in response to the survey findings, has called for all providers to stop charging for such a service as Virgin Mobile have always offered its customers free voicemail services meaning its customers can retrieve and listen messages at will, saving themselves up the $1.35 for every message listened to. Some mobile phone providers charge a flag fall cost as well as a 30 or 60 second call rate to access their own voicemail. Virgin Mobile is the only mobile phone company in Australia at the present time that doesn't charge its customers for listening to their own voicemail messages. The company has also streamlined its cap offers so that customers understand exactly what they pay for, and what they get for free. This makes for easier budgeting and allows users to see where their money is being spent each month.
Virgin Mobile’s Future
Sue Bailey is the current CEO of Virgin Mobile Australia, having held that position since 2010. She says her job is to ensure Virgin Mobile continues to produce valuable mobile and broadband services to its growing number of customers as well as maintain its award winning levels of customer service. Before becoming the company CEO Sue had spent seven years in a senior marketing role with the organisation. Some of that time spent working for Virgin Mobile U.S. as senior vice president of its Customer Proposition department.