With a vision to become the entertainment brand – with a big emphasis on the ‘THE’ – Sony Ericsson has never ceased to innovate and evolve to be one of the companies who is always in tune with the changes and trends of the times.
This vision has never been an easy task for a company in an industry where cut-throat competition exists. However, persistence to take hold of the market where it once was a leader led to the formation of what is now Sony Ericsson.
Prior to its formation in 2001, Ericsson had been an established Swedish telecom company in Europe enjoying a 17% share of sales in the mobile phone market. In the late 90s, however, with new competition arising coupled with problems in design and lack of efficiency in production, the company had to find a way to solve these obstacles and gain foothold. This led to a merger with the Japanese electronics giant, Sony which led to a 50-50 company share and a new name – Sony Ericsson. The Japanese company contributed its expertise in design and consumer sales, which gave way to high quality hybrid Smartphones that the company has been marketing ever since.
Making Imaginations Real
Making your imaginations real – that is the tagline Sony Ericsson has every time they come up with a design. Thus, they work on a human-centred design philosophy which allows them to anticipate what the people need and want.
With talents all over the globe – mainly from Switzerland, Japan, the UK and USA – Sony Ericsson designers strive to merge nature and science. This means merging the beauty and comfort of nature with technology. This drive to come up with innovative designs while providing the ultimate multimedia experience with ease and comfort led them to hybrid designs – combining popular Sony brands with the Ericsson mobile phone – which gave way to the Xperia series.
The Xperia Series
Watch. Listen. Play. Create – This is what the Xperia series is all about. Each phone in the series is designed to give you the ultimate multimedia and business experience – a phone with which you can seamlessly mix business with pleasure. Therefore, whether you are a music lover, a movie fan, a gamer, or a businessman, there is always an Xperia to suit your lifestyle.
- Xperia S – The Xperia S is powered with a Mobile BRAVIA Engine, which means that you get sharp, and high quality images and HD video on a 4.3” Reality Display screen. Its 12 megapixel camera with the Exmor R technology allows you to take your pictures without missing a single shot. And in case you want to watch your videos on a bigger screen, you can just plug your Xperia S on the HDMI port of your TV.
Your multimedia experience with the Xperia S is not limited to watching HD movies, it is also a Sony Playstation certified Smartphone. You know what it means – exciting games while anywhere and anytime on a HD screen.
- Xperia P – This is the first LCD Android phone using Sony’s White Magic technology which allows you to watch TV even while lounging under the sun. This technology automatically adjusts the phone according to the amount of light; thus, it becomes less bright and uses less battery power under the sunlight without compromising the image quality.
The Xperia P is powered with a 1 GHz dual core processor giving you ultra speed performance with online activity – browsing the web, sending your mail, or downloading videos and songs. In addition, the Xperia P also gives you access to the vast Sony Entertainment Network where you can find millions of your favourite, videos, movies, and songs.
- Xperia U – What makes the Xperia U stand out from the other Xperia phones? There are two reasons why Xperia U is a joy. First, the feature which allows you to change your Xperia U bottom caps which you cannot do with the other phones. So if you fancy a different colour that goes with your mood and style, you can do it with this phone. Second feature is for those who love music because the Xperia U has the xLoud loudness enhancement which allows you to have a 3D surround sound. Imagine listening to great music with high quality sound anywhere.
- Xperia sola – Magic – that’s what Xperia sola promises you to experience through its floating touch feature. The floating touch technology let’s your finger glide over links and highlights them without touching the screen. Aside from that, it also has the SmartTags feature which has ready-to-go profiles to let you do various actions in one single touch
- Xperia ion LTE – Not all phones are made equal. Some are just simply ahead of others, and the Xperia ion LTE is among them. With a 1.5 GHz dual core processor, this is the first 4G compatible phone which allows you access the Internet with super fast speed anywhere.
Sony Ericsson continues to add more models to their Xperia series with the latest technology available. To date, six more models are on the way to make your Xperia series more enjoyable.
- Xperia miro – This is your ultimate social networking phone with full Facebook integration features. Also equipped with a unique illumination feature which notifies you with incoming messages, the Xperia miro runs on the newest Android platform called the Ice Cream Sandwich which makes multitasking easier.
- Xperia s acro – This Smartphone is built to withstand the elements with its high level water resistant screen which you can even take while taking a bath. Aside from that it is also dust protected; therefore, you can take it while riding on a camel in the Sahara or swimming at one of your favourite beaches.
- Xperia go – Not only is this phone water resistant and dust resistant, but scratch resistant as well. You do not have to worry about scratches that will mar the beauty of your phone. As for the design, all its durability is packed in a 9.8mm slim phone.
- Xperia tipo and Xperia tipo dual – These are Xperia models which allow you to track your data usage so you don’t go beyond your budget. It also has a longer battery life which allows you to use it non-stop for 24 hours without re-charging. The Xperia tipo dual has two SIM slots so you can have two service providers in one phone.
- Xperia neo – This Xperia phone is designed for your ultimate HD viewing experience with a 4” display and a 5 megapixel camera which allows you to record a 720p HD video.
A World of Possibilities
Sony Ericsson also provides software and technical support so that you are always assured that you are always on-the-know about latest software trends, have upgrades, or just answer whatever questions you have about your Sony handset.
Aside from the support, there are also extra accessories that you can use with your phone to make your multimedia experience better. One of those extra accessories is the Smartwatch which lets you more than just track time, but also to keep in touch with your friends. It has a touch screen feature which gives you easy access to your favourite social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter. You can even customise your watch by downloading your favourite apps on Google Play.
Sony Ericsson opens our world to a lot of high quality possibilities to let you enjoy life with whatever you do. It constantly innovates and makes designs that are not only sleek and sophisticated, but also brings comfort and ease to its users.