Samsung Electronics is considered to be the largest information technology company in terms of revenue as of 2011. However, if you trace the company’s history, it is very interesting to note that, unlike its competitors, they did not start as an electronics or mobile phone company. Before Samsung became a household name for Smartphones and tablets, they had already established itself as an international player in various industries such as food processing, ship building, construction, advertising, and insurance.
The company which means ‘three stars’ in the Korean language, was originally a small trading company founded in 1938 in a small city in South Korea. However, after the Korean War, it began to diversify in various industries. But it was not until the 90s did it became a fully established international company when it was commissioned to build the Petronas Towers in Malaysia, the 101 Tower in Taiwan, and the Burj Khalifa in the United Arab Emirates. Since then, the company has continued to move forward becoming South Korea’s major exporter.
Samsung Galaxy Series
Top Samsung Galaxy Mobile Phones
As Samsung evolved into a global company which provides telecommunications products with cutting edge technology, it continues to impress the public with new Smartphones with amazing capabilities. One of the most popular series that the company has is the Samsung Galaxy Series of mobile phones.
The Galaxy S has evolved in itself giving people more options to compete on par with the iPhone. With the Galaxy series, Samsung has given other mobile phone manufacturers stiff competition. In fact, Samsung fans have claimed that the Galaxy S series has given the iPhone some tough competition.
With the Galaxy S, Samsung also introduced some cutting edge technology that makes this particular Smartphone interesting and unique.
- Swype Technology – Why type when you can swipe is Samsung’s challenge with this feature. The Swype technology allows you to input your texts faster by swiping through the keyboard. It is even made easier with 65,000 words in the built-in dictionary which automatically suggests words for you.
- Super AMOLED Display – The Super AMOLED display gives you sharper and more vivid images even in bright surroundings because it has the capability to reflect light 5 times lesser. With the Super AMOLED display, you can watch your favourite videos and preview photos you have taken even while basking under the sun.
- Layar Reality Browser – This gives you more POIs when you view a street or place using your camera. All you need to do is focus your camera to a certain area and you can have the information you want including address and phone number.
- Samsung BADA – This is Samsung’s first open platform OS which can evolve as other developers create new applications. It also allows native apps and services to run faster and is user-friendly.
- Android OS – Aside from the Samsung BADA, the Galaxy S series runs on the Android OS which continues to develop as new apps and features are developed.
- Turn-by-turn navigation – Powered by Navigon and maps from NAVTEQ, you can benefit from the 2D and 3D rendition of maps plus a turn-by-turn navigation voice guide.
- Voice Commands – If you are not in the mood to type your memos or dial, you can just speak it and your phone records your memos and dials the number you want to contact.
- AllShare – This is a feature which allows you to connect your Samsung phone to another device such as TV, laptop, and audio system wirelessly. Thus, as long as your Wi-Fi capability is on, you can play the movies from your phone on your TV or listen to the music on your audio system.
The Samsung Galaxy S series has now their 2nd and 3rd generation Samsung Galaxy S Smartphones which have more powerful processors and better features.
The Galaxy S2 has Game, Reader, and Social Hubs which makes your multimedia experience even more exciting. The Game Hub comes pre-loaded with some of the most popular social and HD games such as We Farm and Safari. The Reader Hub, on the other hand, gives you access to over 2.2 million kinds of reading materials from magazines to e-books which you can read anytime, anywhere. If you are worried that all these data can slow down your mobile phone, the Galaxy S2 has a 1.5 GHz dual core processor which allows you faster and better browsing.
Samsung never cease to develop its Smartphones, because it has recently released its Galaxy S3 phone with even cool features. With the Galaxy S3, Samsung introduces the S Beam technology which allows you to share your pictures, music, and other files by just placing two GalaxyS3 back-to-back. Another feature of the Galaxy S3 is the S Voice, which is like having your own personal assistant as it responds to your voice when you input your commands. You can even ask it to wake you up or take your pictures.
Riding the Wave and Ultimate Entertainment
Aside from the Galaxy S series, Samsung has other Smartphones which complements any kind of lifestyle. Whether you are into gaming and watching HD videos or social networking, there is a Samsung Smartphone for you.
- Samsung Wave – is the ultimate social networking Smartphone for you from Samsung. The Social Hub feature lets you incorporate different email services, instant messaging, and social networking sites with ease. It also gives you real-time updates to keep you connected with friends and business contacts.
Another feature of the Samsung Wave is the TouchWiz user interface which allows you to customise your homepage to easily access your favourite apps. Powered by a 1GHz processor and multi-codec support for DivX and XVid, you can watch your favourite movies and videos in HD quality.
- OMNIA 7 – This is Samsung’s phone which runs on the Windows OS with an 8GB internal memory and 1GHz processor which lets you play your games and do other tasks effortlessly. The Omnia 7 has a Now Hub feature which gives you the latest updates of the news, weather, and stocks.
If you love games, the OMNIA 7 is for you because it allows you access to Xbox LIVE on your phone. Thus, you cannot just watch videos, but play your games as well.
Samsung has truly come a long way from the small company it once was. With its high end Smartphone and unique technology, a Samsung Smartphone might be the mobile phone you are looking for.