What Mobile Phone Plan are you looking for?
Striving to change the way Australians think about mobiles – that is what Amaysim promises the 97% of Australians under its network and its would-be clients. The company which was introduced to Australia in November 2010 is a SIM only mobile provider based in Perth, Australia. The company’s success is backed by various entrepreneurs from all over the world headed by Peter O’Connell and Rolf Hansen. These businessmen are not new to the telecommunications market but are experts who have proven track records, each of them lending their experience and expertise to bring the company to the status it is enjoying at present.
Amaysim has become a major player in the telecom industry not only in Australia, but in Germany, Spain, France, Belgium, and the Netherlands as well. In fact, they have won two awards from Money Magazine for their multi-awarded mobile deals in 2012. Awards aside, there are many reasons to explain the company’s phenomenal growth in just barely two years.
- It has two plans that are both easy to understand – Amaysim AS YOU GO and Amaysim Unlimited.
- It runs on one of the largest 3G networks in Australia, Optus 3G
- It has no long-term contracts that will lock you for a long time.
- It has one of – if not – the lowest call and text messaging rates in Australia.
- It has a local customer support team which solves the language barrier when asking for tech or any kind of support.
Top Mobile Phone Deals
- Amaysim AS YOU GO - Amaysim’s broadband plans are designed for two types of users – the light and heavy user. Amaysim AS YOU GO is for the light users. Thus, if you are worried that you don’t make many calls or send a lot of texts every month, you don’t have to worry, because all these unused minutes will be rolled over to your next month’s credit. All you have to do is make at least one call every month so as not to have your account cancelled. If after three months you don’t want to use Amaysim anymore, you are free to leave with no extra charges.
- Amaysim Unlimited – This is the plan for heavy users because it has unlimited of everything, except the Data. However, with 4GB of monthly data allowance and unlimited access to the social networking sites, and a 5¢ per MB rate, it is still a good deal. Amaysim Unlimited lets you have unlimited calls, SMS, and voicemail for $39.99 a month with a 90-day credit expiry. It has the same call and SMS rates as the Amaysim AS YOU GO plan with an option to add a 10GB data pack to your 4GB data allowance. Just like the AS YOU GO plan, it has no contract; however, there are no refunds when you decide not to go through with the service.
- Amaysim Mobile Broadband – This is ideal for your laptops, tablets, and Smartphones because of the dual SIM and micro-SIM features. The mobile broadband packs have 5 different plans which complement whatever type of user you are.
The call per minute rate and per SMS rate is 12¢, while data is at 5¢ per MB. They also have international calls and roaming features; thus, if you plan to go out of the country whether for business or holidays, you can use your phone with competitive call rates. International calls are 6¢ per minute; while SMS is 25¢ per message.
- 10GB – This gives you 6 hours of HD video, 141 music albums from iTunes and 67 large apps worth of data for 1 year.
- 4GB – This monthly data allowance is for the heavy users who love watching online videos all for $29.90 a month.
- 2.5GB – Is for the moderate users who love listening to music.
- 1GB – If you’re not really into Internet surfing and just use it to check your mails from time to time, this plan is for you at $9.90 a month.
- 5¢/MB – If you are not big on broadband plans but would rather track your usage per MB, then you can to pay per MB used instead.
Switching to Amaysim
If you decide to migrate over to Amaysim, you can either bring your own phone or buy a new one. You can even use your current number. However, there are things you need to remember before switching over to Amaysim. First thing to remember is never cancel your account yet. This warning is not to discourage you from changing providers, but rather to inform you of what can happen if you just suddenly cancel your account with your current provider.
- High Exit Fees – Most telecom providers lock you in 12 or 24-month contracts which if you cancel can incur high exit fees. Therefore, check first how many months are remaining in your contract. Then ask how much you need to pay if you get out of that contract now. If you think that it will just cost you a few extra dollars compared to the huge savings you can have from Amaysim, then you can bring over your phone to get unlocked.
- Unlocking Fees – This applies mostly to prepaid customers. Mobile phone providers usually charge unlocking fees if you want to go to another provider. It is, therefore, best to know how much you are getting into before you switch.
- Bundled Services – Another thing to look out for are the bundled features in your mobile plan which may not qualify for a discount if you switch carriers.
- SIM backup – Before making the number transfer, back-up your SIM so that you will not lose your contacts. You can do this by turning your phone off and removing the SIM card from your phone. If you have a micro-SIM, take it out first before the large SIM.
Once you checked that you are clear of the above impediments, the best time to do the number transfer is during weekdays as office hours are only Monday to Friday from 8AM to 5PM. Once the switch is successful, Amaysim will notify your current provider about it. All you need to do after that is buy your Amaysim SIM online, fill in the necessary forms, click ‘Start Transfer Number’, and you can enjoy your Amaysim mobile plan.
Amaysim gives you mobile and broadband plans which are good for your pocket without setting aside network reliability. Running on the Optus 3G network, you can be sure that you are connected 97% of the time.
- Activating your account - Once you have purchased an Amaysim SIM pack and you have completed the activation process, you can automatically log on to your Amaysim account online. Then you can input your mobile phone number and password and you’re set.
- Monitor all usages - Your Amaysim account is where you can see all the usage for your calls, messages, and data. You can review them and check whether there are unnecessary usages within your billing.
- Monitor your data usage - If you have data, you can find it under the ‘balance’ section of your Amaysim account. You can also check it through your phone by just texting BAL and send to 568 or you can go to the section under the heading ‘recharge and balance’ app.
- Change your personal details – Personal details such as your email and address can also be done through your MyAmaysim account. Just input all the necessary changes and save them. You will then receive an email confirmation from Amaysim about these changes.
- Add another SIM – If you wish to use another SIM, there’s no hassle to it. Just log on to your Amaysim account and follow the same steps when you first activated your first SIM and the second SIM pack will be automatically added to your account. You will be charged the same way as your first SIM, which means if you are being charged by credit card and a post paid customer so shall your second SIM be. Should you wish to be charged differently, all you have to do is set up a separate account.
- Buy a data pack – why go to a store if you run out of data. With your Amaysim account you can automatically do it and any purchases will be charged to your account whether it’s prepaid or post paid.
- Switch you account – If you have a pre-paid account and want to go post paid or vice-versa, you don’t need to call customer service. You can do it through your Amaysim account and any changes you made will be entered in their database. However, there are some differences to the process – if you go from pre-paid to post paid, Amaysim will have to do a credit check first once they receive the request from you. With post paid to pre-paid, the switch is automatic and whatever charges apply will be charged on your next bill.
- Set up auto recharge – If you do not want the trouble recharging once your usage is used up, you can set up the auto recharge on your Amaysim account and choose how much the limit will be for your recharge to trigger. You can choose the amount for as low as $2 to Unlimited.